Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Anna Brahma



My cousin had visited a five star hotel as a part of her Management studies. She had asked them what they do with the leftovers after parties and celebrations. They told her that they used to donate to an orphanage, but stopped after a bad case of food poisoning the children suffered. It seems the orphanage gave them a hard time about it, and it was later found that it wasn't even because of this hotel, but some other food they had consumed that day. But our five star leaned their lesson and stopped donating, and started throwing the food away instead. I'm sure there are many who throw away party leftovers..either because they don't know who will come and collect them, or because they are indifferent, or because they just don't want to take the trouble.

I really feel terrible to throw away any kind of food. Ever since I was I child, I have been finishing everything on my plate (I now know that this is considered bad manners in many countries, and even in some Indian communities; but I still persist) The credit for that goes to my Dad... he wouldn't let me get off the table till I had a clean plate! I am known to have had dinner table ordeals that have lasted for upto 2 hours :)

Well...if you are in the 1st category (you waste food because you don't know whom to call)..here's some info:

If you call 1098 (only in India) - Child Helpline, they come and collect the food.

Hope this piece encourages you to do that... after all, Anna He Purna Brahma.
So go on...make a poor hungry child smile... give her some food.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish not concur on it. I assume warm-hearted post. Especially the designation attracted me to be familiar with the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

I am not going to be original this time, so all I am going to say that your blog rocks, sad that I don't have suck a writing skills

Unknown said...

I really appreciate that you have shared your thought, its very touchy...
There are so many children dying hunger and by the God's grace we have sufficient or more than our need... So we should help them and donate food to make them healthy.

Give them smile...

-Hema Vanshy